Mission Airsoft Safety Brief
The following is a review of the safety rules at Mission Airsoft:
- HAVE FUN:You cannot have fun if you are getting hurt, and if you have fun hurting others you’ve come to the wrong field. Refs want to have fun too, so don’t shoot them. Politely ask them to move if they are in the line of fire.
- ALWAYS PRACTICE GUN SAFETY: Airsoft guns are designed to look and feel like real weapons. Please treat them as such. Do not aim at anyone or anything you do not intend to shoot. Airsoft weapons only please. No “real steel” weapons (guns, knives, etc.) are allowed on the premises.
- SAFETY ZONE: While in the safety zone, have your mags out, safeties on, fingers off the trigger and chambers cleared.
- PAY ATTENTION: You are playing in an area known to have cactus and other hazards.
- EYE PRO / FACE PRO:MUST be on AT ALL TIMES ON THE FIELD. Eye Pro must be full-seal - no mesh goggles (bio BBs shatter!). Face pro must be thick/stiff enough to prevent damage to teeth. No bandanas, but a multi-layer baklava will probably suffice. Check with staff.
- BLIND MAN:is our field safety call. If someone is injured or your eye pro falls off, call blind man. If you hear blind man, put your guns on safety, and take up the call. Take a knee until further instruction.
- NO BLIND FIRING:If you do not see a target, don’t shoot. Spraying and praying counts as blind fire.
- NO CONTINUOUS FIRE: 5 to 10 round bursts only. Give a second between bursts to give your target a chance to call the hit. LMG class guns are allowed a full 2 sec burst PROVIDED our gun tech classifies your gun as such. He will let you know when you chrono.
- CALL YOUR HITS: Not doing so causes arguments and breaks Rule #1. A hit counts as anything you are wearing or carrying (gun, riot shields, shoe-laces, friendly fire, ricochets - all count as HITS.). Call your hit loudly and clearly, MOVE OUT OF THE LINE OF FIRE, and pull out your dead rag.
- RESPAWNS:When you get shot, go touch your re-spawn point. Spawns are 10 sec. long. YOU MUST COUNT THE 10 sec out loud. You may move while counting, but you are not in the game until you reach ZERO.
- OBSERVE MINIMUM ENGAGEMENT DISTANCE:20 ft safety kills range. When within that range DO NOT SHOOT. Point your gun at the individual and call safety kill. Make sure that player knows they got safety killed. No parlay. If 2 players safety kill each other they are both dead. Some guns have longer engagement distances. These guns may be used to safety kill under 20’; however, there is no safety killing people from over 20’. Use a secondary weapon with a lower engagement distance.
- OBSERVE BOUNDERIES:Yellow tape and barbed wire mark outer boundaries, never cross those. Red tape marks boundaries between fields. Stay in bounds for whatever field we are playing on. If caught out of bounds you die. Red and yellow tape together mark dead pools. Anyone inside those areas are dead. DO NOT SHOOT THEM.
- KEEP IT CLEAN: No foul language or violence. Again, we are ALL here to have fun; it’s hard to do that when you are mad. If there are any disputes, call a ref over.
- KEEP IN MIND THERE WILL BE CONSEQUENCES FOR BREAKING RULES. The more you insist on breaking the rules, the harsher the penalties will become.